Owner: Matthew Maniscalco
A 1999 graduate of Oxford High School (AL), Matthew (Manny) attended Mississippi State University where was a four year starter at shortstop before being drafted in the 8th round by the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Alabama's first Mr. Baseball (1999)
- All American (2000)
- All SEC shortstop (2003)
- Two time Captain at Mississippi State
- Team leader in average, hits, runs (2003)
- Baseball America's top defensive shortstop in the SEC (2002)
- Top 10 in career games, hits, doubles, triples, runs scored and stolen bases.
Manny, his wife Kim, and their three children live in Oxford, AL. He works with hitters, infielders, and serves as the General Manager of Excel's summer and fall teams.
Owner: Josh Beshears
A 1999 graduate of Oxford High School (AL), Josh attended Southern Union State Community College and then Berry College. He was a starting pitcher for both schools before signing to play professional basebll with the Kalamazoo Kings.
- 1999 All County selection
- AJCCC 1st Team All Conference Pitcher
- TranSouth 1st Team All-Conference Pitcher
- 2 time Frontier League All-Star
- 2 time Northern League All-Star
- Northern League All-Star starting pitcher (2005)
Josh, his wife Amanda, and their daughter live in Birmingham, AL. He works with pitchers and serves as our Tournament Director and manager of our 16u program.
A 2009 graduate of Hartselle High School (AL), Chad attended Mississippi State University where he pitched for four years before being selected by the Toronto Blue Jays in the 2013 MLB Draft.
- Four year letter winner at MSU
- Three time SEC Academic Honor Roll
- All American LHP (2013)
- 83 career appearances
- Helped lead MSU to the 2013 College World Series with a 9-1 record and career best 1.43 ERA.
- MLB debut in 2016 with the Toronto Blue Jays
Chad and his wife Faith live in Hartselle, Alabama during his offseason. Chad works with our pitchers and helps with our strength and conditioning program.
A 2012 graduate of Oxford High School (AL), Zach was drafted in the 6th round of the 2012 MLB Draft by the Kansas City Royals. Accomplishments include:
- 2012 AHSAA State Champion (6A)
- MiLB Mid-Season All Star ('15, '18)
- Arizona Fall League Invitee ('17)
- Big league spring training invitee ('19)
- Royals MiLB Pitcher of the Year ('16)
Zach and his wife Savannah split time between Arizona and Oxford, AL during his offseason. Zach works with our pitchers and helps with our Fall Instructional Program.
A 2007 graduate of Ranburne High School (AL), Chase attended Southern Union Community College and Troy University before being selected by the New York Yankees in the 15th round of the 2010 MLB Draft. Accomplishments include:
- All Conference performer ('08,'09,'10)
- Went 7-3 with 7 saves, hit .364 with 10 HR's ('10)
- MiLB Mid-Season All-Star
- Pitched in MLB with 3 club (Yankees, Rays, Braves)
- Recorded 1st MLB hit off of Jacob DeGrom ('14)
Chase and his wife Brooklyn live in Ranburne, Alabama during his offseason. Chase works with our pitchers, hitters, and helps with our youth teams.
Samford University (2014-2017)
Minnesota Twins (2017-2018)
TJ works with our hitters and outfielders and coaches our fall and summer teams.
Jacksonville State University (1987-1989)
Career highlights and awards
AL Rolaids Relief Man Award (2000)
AL saves leader (2000)
Todd works with our pitchers and serves as a mentor to our professional players and prospects.
Middle Georgia State University
Signed with Atlanta Braves in 2001.
Adam works with our hitters and catchers as well as coaching our summer teams.
Jacksonville State (1997-1999)
Faulkner University (1999-2000)
Tony works with hitters and infielders.
University of Alabama (2005-2008)
Wes works with hitters and outfielders as well as coaches our summer and fall teams.
Auburn University (2013-2016)
Kyler works with hitters and catchers as well as coaches our summer and fall teams.
A 2009 graduate of Oxford High School (AL), Judd attended the University of Louisiana Monroe where he was a four year starter.
- Freshman All American (2010)
- Top 5 in career hits, at bats, games played, runs scored, doubles, and total bases.
- SunBelt Conference Champion (2012)
- All SunBelt Conference Tournament Team (2012)
- All NCAA Regional Tournament Team (LSU - 2012)
Judd and his wife Amy have two daughters, Ellie Mae and Charleston, and live in Oxford, AL. He works with hitters and infielders and coaches our summer and fall teams.
A 2012 graduate of Pell City High School (AL), Cole attended the University of South Alabama before being drafted in the 2016 MLB draft by the Baltimore Orioles.
- 2010 16u Team USA gold medalist
- Top 10 in career hits, at bats, and stolen bases.
- two time Rawling Gold Glove winner (CF)
- two time All Sunbelt Conference Team
- 2016 Preseason Sunbelt Conference Player of the Year
- 2016 minor league All-Star (NYP)
Cole and his wife Lori Ann live in Oxford, AL during the offseason. He works with hitters and outfielders, and helps lead Excel's strength and agility program.
A 2013 graduate of Pell City High School (AL), Jared attended Samford University where he pitched for four years before being drafted in 2017 by the Washington Nationals.
- Perfect Game All American (2013)
- Under Armour All American (2013)
- four year letter winner at Samford
- Academic All Conference (2016)
- finished senior season at Samford undefeated with a career best ERA
Jared and his wife Savannah live in Huntsville, AL during his offseason. He works with pitchers as well as helping with our strength and conditioning program.